Erskine Golf Course

On June 27, 1925, Albert Erskine (second from right), then president of Studebaker Corporation, posed for this picture with three fellow golfers at the opening of the Erskine Park Golf Course. The course, which is located at 4200 Miami Street in South Bend, was named for Erskine. According to information that accompanied the photograph, those in the picture are (left to right) Frank E. Hering, David Pollock, Erskine, and Joseph E. Neff. The first foursome to play the course, the men sported knickers (baggy-kneed trousers) and newsboy caps, both popular among golfers of the day.

Scroll Up
WELCOME BACK! THE HISTORY MUSEUM AND THE OLIVER MANSION ARE NOW OPEN! Click here for more details. Kidfirst Children's Museum is temporarily closed.
error: Alert: Sorry, no downloads allowed.
Send this to a friend