Save Preloader image

0%

topimg

Bendix

Shown is a 1923 view of the original Bendix manufacturing building in South Bend, purchased in 1919 by Vincent Bendix from Winkler-Grimm Wagon Company. Bendix remodeled the building and expanded Bendix operations. By 1926, the building had been torn down and replaced by Plant #10 for the manufacture of the then-new Bendix-patented automobile drum brakes. The original address of 401 N. Anthony Street was changed to 401 Bendix Drive. In later years, Bosch Braking Systems purchased Bendix Automotive Products. Donated by P. R. Leatherwood.

Want to read more about the Bendix Corporation? Click Here

Scroll Up
error: Alert: Sorry, no downloads allowed.
Send this to a friend