Abstract & Title Corporation

Andrew AndersonThe firm was founded in May of 1856 by Andrew Anderson, an attorney.  The company was under the name of Anderson Abstract Co., in order to acquire a complete set of abstract records.  Anderson recorded all St. Joseph County title history from the time of government entry.  Willis A. Bugbee purchased the business in 1888 upon Andersons’ retirement.  Shortly afterwards, Harry G. Schock and W. Hale Jackson became partners in the expanding firm.  In 1929 the company became part of the Abstract and Title Corp.  Upon Mr. Jackson’s death in 1957, James E. Peterson Sr., was elected President.  The company is currently closed.

Scroll Up
WELCOME BACK! THE HISTORY MUSEUM AND THE OLIVER MANSION ARE NOW OPEN! Click here for more details. Kidfirst Children's Museum is temporarily closed.
error: Alert: Sorry, no downloads allowed.
Send this to a friend